Zone valve replaced but now boiler buzzing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a problem with the hot water where the valve was knackered so the plumber came and replaced the valve. That issue is well and truly resolved. Now the boiler is buzzing away when the CH is switched OFF, this buzzing has never happened before. Plumber came again yesterday and isolated the buzzing noise to somewhere on the PCB. At first he thought it may be the 'GAS VALVE'. He tried a few other things and then the buzzing stopped. He said it was down to our programmer, which is pretty old and he left the settings as....
TIMER= AUTO, CH= ON, HW= ON which seemed to work....for a while.
We normally dont have any times set on the programmer, we just have the HW on continuously and use the roomstat to switch the heating on/off as and when needed. The boiler is an IKON, gravity fed S-PLAN system, never failed us and there was never a buzzing noise til after the new 2zone valve was installed. I asked if the buzzing could be linked to having a new valve installed but was told no, because they are totally seperate entities. I find this a strange coincidence. I have been mulling over the idea of getting a new programmer, but ultimately I fear this may not cure the buzzing noise. The buzzing only happens when the CH is OFF. I hope someone out there may have come across a similar problem and there is a quick solution. Thanks in advance for any advice.
P.S the new valve was not a like for like, the original was a honeywell v404something or other, the new one is a BGMVSP-2, dont know if that helps.

Sponsored Links
Also, my wife has complained about tv picture disturbance when the boiler is buzzing. When the CH is ON the problem stops along with the buzzing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back