Buzzing Cold Water Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the past 2-3 weeks I've noticed that my cold water pipes have started to vibrate and make a buzzing sound - at random. I've changed the stop cock to allow me to reduce the water pressure and also had the ball valve in the cold water tank changed (not sure if the washer was changed) but this seems to have made no difference. I've tried turning off the power supply to the house to see if something was running but the buzzing did not stop when the power was turned off. If I turn the stop cock valve off it will sometimes stop the buzzing noise but I'm not sure what to do to fix the problem. The buzzing noise will occur at what seems like random and lasts for anything from 2 minutes to say 10-15 minutes, I've heard the buzzing noise at say 3am when nothing is being used (no water being run or toliet flushed etc). The buzzing noise will start at random and then also stop without me doing anything. Any ideas / solutions will be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Ian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back