C+M Britony Combi SE sounds like an aeroplane when DHW runs!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a problem with my boiler cutting out when the hot tap runs, after doing some research, most people suggested replacing the thermistors. I have a pdf parts list for my boiler so I googled the part number and got hold of the thermistors. I turned of the mains water supply to the house and drained down the boiler and replaced the switches which seemed pretty easy.

It wasn't till the next day I noticed that when you run the hot water, the boiler sounds like an aeroplane going past, then stops for a bit and do it again. I thought it might of been a dodgy thermistor so I put back the old ones and it still makes the noise. I have noticed it also make the noise when the heating is turned on full but not when the thermostat for the heating is turned down.

Any help would be appreciated, if its something I can do myself before I call an expert...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back