C plan Upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to move into a resale dormer bungalow in North Wales built 1970.

CH + DHW system made up of gas back-boiler (sorry, no details), vented indirect cylinder and C-plan arrangement with what appears to be a single pipe CH circuit! (... World copper shortage...) Switchmaster mech programmer and Satchwell (horizontal dial) stats.

Stat.jpg

There is two room stats, one in living room and the other in the hallway. There is no cyl stat. There is an immersion heater installed.

The pump 'appears' to be in the return of the CH circuit.

S8002441.jpg

The F&E feed goes to the bottom of the cyl coil and the vent to the top.

With regards to control upgrade what can be done?

It's probably better to upgrade the system to S or Y plan fully pumped if I'm not mistaken. But what's best for Part L and improving current control?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

UselessFcuk

Sponsored Links
With regards to control upgrade what can be done?
Add a cylinder stat, a 2-port motorised valve on the gravity circuit. You might need to change the programmer if you want independence between DHW and heating.

It's probably better to upgrade the system to S or Y plan fully pumped if I'm not mistaken. But what's best for Part L and improving current control?[/quote]
Best not to go fully pumped until you change the boiler.

Current programmer is a Switchmaster SW400... can this be replaced with an ACL Drayton LP241.

I'll be looking to replace the room stat and fit a cyl stat until funds allow a new system or the b0110cks drop out.

All the fun will start next week! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back