cable connections between combi boiler and manual timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help needed please. I repaced old dodgy cables between timer and baxi combi boiler. i noted which went where but timer now not working. Boiler has two 2.5mm flexes running to timer. Boiler connections are marked: N L N1 L2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .

Cables were/are as follows:

fused Switch to timer: Phase to 6 Neutral to 5 (All earths in 4)

First Boiler cable to timer: N1 to 5 L1 to 6

Second Boiler cable to timer: Phase from 3 on boiler to 3 on switch
Neutral from 4 on boiler to 1 on switch.

I am sure I drew this out right but have I made a mistake and cut out thermostat. Boiler comes on for heating for a short time then just stops . Or could timer be faulty?
Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Do a google search for your boiler make & model, you should be able to find a downloadable instalation/user manual that will give you the info you need.

What Baxi combi is it?

It sounds as though the permanent live and neutral for the timer has been taken from the boiler live and neutral.

The other two will be the switched live in/out from the boiler terminal block.

You need to find out if this boiler uses 240VAC for the external control switch or 24V, otherwise it will cause serious damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back