Cable inlet for roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a satellite (sky/freesat) and an aerial lashed to the chimney pillar and am now considering best way to bring nine cables down in through the tiled roof. I dont like the cables running externally down past the guttering and then up through the soffits and with nine cables it will likely look even worse. I understand I could go the loft box route but this isnt on the cards yet.

What are peoples thoughts regarding nine WF100 (will have to check, its decent stuff I made sure but cannot be sure of name), simply by lift a tile slightly? Personally I though nine cables was too many. Therefore, I was thinking along the lines of this?

Am I making too much work for myself? Any better options?

I may just pop the cable out below the pipe and run them through the felt laps or run the pipe though the felt laps to make it easier.

I have had a quick search but just want to make sure!

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Go talk to your local roofing materials suppliers. There's vent tiles and similar products that would be a simpler fit, look better and probably preserve the roof integrity to a higher standard too.

I didn't think of a vent tile but does sound like a good option. thank you for your help

Sponsored Links
I didn't think of a vent tile but does sound like a good option. thank you for your help

If we helped then please use the thanks button located top right on the post or posts from the contributors you found most helpful. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back