Cable not long enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need advice on replacing electrical sockets. I just bought a place and had my kitchen done, and now want to replace the sockets with shiny new ones. Done a few already and all straight forward but having problems with one socket from which I removed wiring on old socket but now, despite many frustrating hours trying, I can't get the wires into the new socket.

Essentailly the problem is caused because my wall has been moved out, and I don't have enough cable length to get three cables into one hole on the new socket (One always seems to fall out)

Any advice - is a terminal connector the way to achieve this?

Feel like a wally getting a sparky in to change one socket for me but it's driving me mental, plus it's preventing me tiling my kichen wall - any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A terminal block is permissable in a back box.
Not normally recommended but in these circumstances seems the only option. Use of terminal blocks are restricted to places that can be inspected. Crimps would be better but I doubt you have a ratchet crimper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back