Cable runs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to put in a new kitchen ring main. Can I run the cables horizontally from socket to socket in the are of the kitchen units. These runs will be buried then tiled over so most of the horizontal run will be between the wall units and the base units?

Sponsored Links
scottmeister71 said:
I have to put in a new kitchen ring main. Can I run the cables horizontally from socket to socket in the are of the kitchen units. These runs will be buried then tiled over so most of the horizontal run will be between the wall units and the base units?

cables can be placed anywhere. BUT they must be in certain areas (try searchin, its been asked many times before) or they must be protected by earthed metal conduit

metal capping is also fine, but i would run verticaly, be it up ur down then across, saves problems later.
eg, i will put this kitchn roll holder here.....drill, drill, BANG
today you know where they are next year you will remember as it goes bang

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back