Cable sizes

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have seen loads of imperial DNO supplies that are the equivalent of 10 milli on 80A fuses.

Non-compliant.
Non-complaint with what? As has been said, DNOs and suppliers appear to work to regulations/practices other than BS7671 and, as has also been said, 10mm² cables on 60A, and even 80A, DNO fuses appear to be compliant with those regs/practices.

I have seen loads of imperial DNO supplies that are the equivalent of 10 milli on 80A fuses.
Indeed so. Even in my pretty limited experience, I've also seen a good few examples - particularly with 60A fuses, but sometimes 80A ones.

Kind Regards, John

Non-complaint with what? As has been said, DNOs and suppliers appear to work to regulations/practices other than BS7671 and, as has also been said, 10mm² cables on 60A, and even 80A, DNO fuses appear to be compliant with those regs/practices.
We're talking about the outgoing cables from the meter which aren't the DNO's.

We're talking about the outgoing cables from the meter which aren't the DNO's.
Forget the "We're". That may be what you are talking about, but, as for the rest of us ...
The cables that run from the network providers fuse to my meter are 10mm diameter for the live and 6.5mm for the neutral as measured with a vernier calliper (not sure what that is in X sectional area).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back