Calcium Silicate Board - Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure which category to post this.

My Daughters house a semi of the 40's with no cavity walls and pebble dashed exterior.
Although currently she has no damp issues, but walls are cold to touch.

She cannot do the traditional way of insulating by stud, material and plasterboard internally reducing the internal dimensions of rooms etc. and she could not afford adding external insulation etc.

Read that 12mm/30mm Calcium Silicate Boards could be used offering some insulation fitted internally.
Or any other material/method to help insulate the wall on the interior surface.

Any suggestions.
thanks

Sponsored Links
I had a quick look at the thermal conductivity of the material which is 0.068W/m2K, as opposed to mineral wool at 0.035 W/m2K and PIR board at 0.022 W/m2K. On that basis 30mm of Cellotex with 12mm of plasterboard would be a far better bet in terms of insulation. Or am I reading those figures wrong? I understand that these boards are used on buildings or rooms with pronounced damp problems, but you say your daughter doesn't have those

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back