External Insulation Boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I'm looking at cladding the exterior of my house with upvc. It's an old council house so theres no cavity wall; just a single skin of blockwork. I was wondering if there are any specific insulation board suitable for fixing to the outside of the wall rather than the inside, underneath the cladding.

Also, would I need an air gap between the cladding and the insulation, or the insulation and the wall, or both?

Sponsored Links
http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Insulation/Solid-wall-insulation/Choosing-external-wall-insulation

I've read that. It doesnt really answer my quesiton though. I'm looking for a specifc product ala Kingspan/Celotex that is available for the external wall that I can adhere to it ane then overclad with upvc (to maintain appearance/avoid planning permission)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back