calculation queries

I would just like to say I don't mind at all answering any questions I can as long as the posters (especially those on courses) make an effort to understand their queries without first resorting to asking for an answer.
After all, if you work it out yourself it stays with you forever unlike somebody telling you the answer.

Sponsored Links
i agree whole heartily, ive spent the last two years going to college after work twice a week and have muddled through working out most calculations etc (and there is nothing better than solving the problem yourself)

for example the pevious zs question i knew but lacked the confidence and needed reasuring i had got it right, going through the whole process from design current to disc times is quite a task which a lot of pros make take a little for granted (and i think college is a little lacking in this area)

however the rcd questions ive been coming across i have never covered and couldnt work out and needed a little help - which i got, and thats why i joined the forum originally its been a great resource with mostly helpfull electricians & diy ers alike

Can you remember the wording of the question relating to 80% EFLI values?
Sorry i do not remember, but it was something like: what correction factor would you use on the values of Zs in BS7671 chapter 41.

Also, BS7671 isn't a book of guide lines but a British Standard.
I see it as a guide line book because, apart from the fact that it is not a legal document, it has the minimum requirements, you can do more and better if you wish, as well as there are many guidance books that are based on it but are interpretations to various parts of the book.

I agree that it is BS and this is what it is called but in practical terms it is, as I see it, as I described above.

Do not get me wrong, I think that this is the electricians bible and do not have a problem with it.

however the rcd questions ive been coming across i have never covered and couldnt work out and needed a little help - which i got, and thats why i joined the forum originally its been a great resource with mostly helpfull electricians & diy ers alike
I started with a lot of questions, like yourself, and still have many questions now. If you do not ask, your will never know, I completely agree with GaryMo, if you try to find the answer youself, first, you will understand better the answer.
You will have sometimes someone that lost his patience, but I can promise you that these are the one that helped me the most... don't give up and ignore this grumpy old men :LOL:

Sponsored Links
eze:I'm with Gary here. I didn't mean to sound harsh, but it's no good just posting questions here for an answer: it's much better to have a stab at the answer along with your reason why or your workings to show how you arrived at your answer and then ask if you're right.

Don't worry about getting it wrong: we all did!

Just asking for the answer teaches nothing!

yeah i know and thnx 4 all the help, was getting frustrated but its passed now, and i found the relevant section i needed on rcd

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back