California Extra Redring Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above shower fitted - approximately five years since I fitted it. All was working fine and then I fitted some new basic taps. Had a few leaks from both hot and cold, replaced the tap connectors, flex/copper pipes and isolating valves etc just around the basin area. Went to use the shower and not working as it once was.

Usually when on high the top three red lights have always lit up. Now only the the power and high do so. The water remains cold however if you turn the bottom switch all the way round to high it does become lukewarm. I have now noticed if you turn the top switch ever so slightly towards the right just out the grove/slot then the red middle light lights up and the water gets hotter.

The water pressure seems ok as is the boiler pressure and I can't see any leaks so the big question is - Have I done something wrong (all pipes back to where they were) or is the shower kaput and just a coincidence that it's packed up now?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20180920_115217.jpg
    IMG_20180920_115217.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20180920_115239.jpg
    IMG_20180920_115239.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20180920_115254.jpg
    IMG_20180920_115254.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 152
Sponsored Links
Coincidental. Shower problem is internal ,electrical . Nowt to do with plumbing your taps.

Many thanks for the reply TP - very much appreciated.

One last question - not sure they do this exact model so what suggestions would you give for cheap replacement that won't need any extra plumbing or rewiring?

Thanks

Last edited:
If you can get the same model its an easy swap, and would be best bet. Triton T80 easi fit has been designed for retro fitting , having the ability to allow water entry and connection at lower left or lower right positions ,and variable electric cable connection via a moveable terminal block. Price around 120 quid ish. If you remove the front cover of yours ( isolate the electrics first obviously ) and take pics of the inside and post on here ,we may be able to advise further on other options ,including a repair to yours. It could be the top dial is just not making the micro switches ,as you said if you turn it a bit beyond its normal position ,then the heating element kicks in.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Removed the front cover and here is a picture of the internals

Attachments

• IMG_20180920_175016.jpg
    IMG_20180920_175016.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 179
The T80 would certainly be suitable. Can't tell from pic what is causing the issue though. Have you tried to get a new redring ,I think they are still available ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back