Calling all screed/self levelling compound experts!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Could anyone tell me what the most cost effective option is for levelling a concrete slab? Would need approx 20-25mm thickness.
I see there are a few self levelling compounds which can be laid at this thickness but the material cost is pretty massive (£15 25KG ish = £350+ for the floor). I will be tiling the finished surface.

Thanks

Tim

Sponsored Links
a granolithic screed can go down to about 25 as long as it's well bonded/ primed. You'd probably need to put some sbr in the actual screed mix as well. It is much more expensive than traditional screed but probably less than the high build up SLC which you have found are pretty eye-watering over a large area.

Thi is just meant as a general idea for you though, as i have never used it myself so wait for more specific replies.

The above post is perfectly correct The only problems are that 6mm to dust grano is sometimes hard to find, and unless you have laid grano screeds your self in the past, you will not manage grano, as a lot of experienced screed layers struggle with grano.
You can get down to 25mm thickness with a sand and cement screed with SBR bonding and SBR in the mix.
You can lay resin bonded screeds at 25mm thickness , but you are talking a good few pounds over and above.
Can not give you a budget as do not know floor area.
oldun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back