Calling Ianmcd - Vokera Excel 80SP - Fulcrum Disc ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Ianmcd

I wanted to say many thanks for your help with my Vokera Excel 80SP boiler. I have another question which I would like to ask you.

I had the boiler fully serviced the other day - At the same time the diverter was fully serviced using the T0019 service kit.

However I am still finding that the diverter is passing, which the engineer said could happen, but as the flow pipe was already hot be could not wait until it cooled down to check. I remember you mentioning that the fulcrum disc could have a hole in it. I found that this part is also available and it is not expensive to buy.

I also remember reading a post about putting a 5 pence piece ( I assume in front on the fulcrum disc ) which would push the diverter spindle further forward and possibly stop the diverter from passing.

Would you agree with the idea for the 5 pence piece ?

Am I correct to say that as long as the diverter is passing that the HW water will not be as hot as it could be ?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes i have seen them with the coin in them but the proper fulcrum disc is spring loaded to take stress off the shuttle asy but the 5p trick does work but a bit of a cowboy workaround

Ianmcd - many thanks once again - assuming there is no hole in the disc might it still be worn and best changed ? Would you also recommend changing the spring as well ?

They are all worn only if it has a hole in it will you have to change it no you dont have to change the spring if the disc doesn’t have a hole in it fun the hw and try and pull the fulcrum arm towards you if you can the fault is at the hydraulic side

Sponsored Links
If the plate heat exchanger is choked up on these then the pump pressure trying to push the water through can push the water into the heating side as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back