Cambray 5 boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got people renting our house on Monday and disaster - the Cambray 5 boiler has turned into a monster.

If you put the timer on to provide hot water, the central heating rages on (even though the CH control is at off) but no sign of any hot water. If you put the central heating control on, the hot water comes on even though the HW control is at off! Whatever you set it to, you don't get hot water.

Worst of all, it's Easter weekend and chances of finding a working plumber are tiny. I'm on my knees pleading for advice. Does anyone know what is going on?

Sponsored Links
If you put the timer on to provide hot water, the central heating rages on (even though the CH control is at off) but no sign of any hot water. If you put the central heating control on, the hot water comes on even though the HW control is at off! Whatever you set it to, you don't get hot water.

Have you read this? You say the water comes on, but you never get hot water.

Worst of all, it's Easter weekend and chances of finding a working plumber are tiny. I'm on my knees pleading for advice. Does anyone know what is going on?

Its probably the diverter valve. The spindle may be stuck, or the actuator motor not working.

Yes sorry I was a bit overwrought last night - i meant the hot water light comes on even though the timer is at 'off' - at no times do we ever get hot water.
I printed the manual off and it doesn't mention a diverter switch. I guess it might be in a sealed unit.
Thanks for the advice. I obviously need an engineer to come and have a look at it.
Thanks for taking the time to post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back