Camelot good causes my A@~E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Who are these faceless poeple who decide where the camelot money can or cant be given. A friend of mine who is working with disadvantaged kids has just asked for some funds for camping equipment/canoeing equipment to take the kids for breaks with the summer coming up.He uses his own minibus which is a bit clapped out but he said he would not ask the lottery fund for a new one as its asking too much. He filled the forms in with a little help , he said filling in the forms took him weeks ...
He has just been turned down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The money must be needed for another art gallery or renovating a church in outer mongolia

I must say I will never have another go.

Sponsored Links
Good decision as you wouldn't be eligible for any prizes, being in China!

Seriously though, applying for funding is not really an easy process and professional or semi-professional help will often secure funding more easily. If there is no time-limit from an unsuccessful application and a re-application I would urge your friend to re-apply with some help.
I know that there are time limits for successful re-applications.

The money must be needed for another art gallery or renovating a church in outer mongolia

Many of the jobs I work on are lottery funded, however, there are less of them and less funding available for many schemes across the board unless it's for the Olympics even though they say that the games do not have any sort of prioroty :eek: We're spending a bloody fortune for two weeks of forigners running around a field at the expense of far more worthy causes :evil:
Many of the architects we work with seem to have the ability to spend vast sums of money to achieve a result that looks very cheap and in my eyes it's simply money wasted.

is your friend a registered charity?
is he a regulated body such as the scouts?
has he and all of the other helpers been vetted through the police and had a background check?
if no then why is he taking kids off into the woods for weekends away?

I'm playing devils advocate here and asking the questions that may have been running through the minds of the commelot people..

Sponsored Links
Good decision as you wouldn't be eligible for any prizes, being in China!

Not necssarily. What about the Peruvian guineapig farmers who got a payout?
I'm talking prizes :idea:
from National Lottery Site
Can I play while overseas?
To play UK National Lottery games online, you must be a resident of the UK or Isle of Man at all times. You must also only play in a country where it is lawful to do so, as local laws abroad often prevent the sale or purchase of tickets for any overseas lottery, including the UK National Lottery. This also applies when playing by text.
http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/help/faqs.ftl#int_GetStarted3
If you do not meet these requirements, any ticket purchases you make may be declared invalid and no prizes paid, and we will have the right to reclaim any prizes already paid under these circumstances.

i couldnt give a **** about "worthy" causes. i put my paltry quid a week on to win the JP.

is your friend a registered charity?
is he a regulated body such as the scouts?
has he and all of the other helpers been vetted through the police and had a background check?
if no then why is he taking kids off into the woods for weekends away?

I'm playing devils advocate here and asking the questions that may have been running through the minds of the commelot people..

I see you are one of the 'everyone is a pedo unless proven otherwise brigade'?

People like you make me sick.

Sponsored Links
Back