Cameron speech

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cameron doubling down on his call to America to vote through aid to ukrane, not sure it will tip the balance in the long term, but very statesmanlike approach, and has told it like it is i.e. say no to appeasement. Even managed a little dig at the brexxers by warmly recognising the contribution poles have made to the british economy. Maybe its his penance for the disastrous decision to hold a referendum

Sponsored Links
Cameron doubling down on his call to America to vote through aid to ukrane, not sure it will tip the balance in the long term, but very statesmanlike approach, and has told it like it is i.e. say no to appeasement. Even managed a little dig at the brexxers by warmly recognising the contribution poles have made to the british economy. Maybe its his penance for the disastrous decision to hold a referendum
I think the response from the US/RWR was 'kiss my ass"!

I think the response from the US/RWR was 'kiss my ass"!

This is all down to Trump. The President, the Senate and almost three quarters of the House support aid to Ukraine. All it needs is for the Bill to be put to a vote in the House and it will pass. But the Republican leader in the House won't let it go to a vote because Trump has said he doesn't want the Bill to be passed. I don't know whether that is because Trump supports Putin, or he is just wanting to deny Biden a victory, or both.

Republicans have form here. I'm sure I saw in a documentary that in 1968 they scuppered a peace deal in Vietnam to help them win that election, and they did the same with a deal to release the US Embassy hostages before the 1980 election.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Self - serving tnucs in politics, putting their own interests before those of their electorates?

Never!!!

There are obviously degrees of wrongdoing, and some political skullduggery is worse than others. Condemning tens of thousands of your own citizens needlessly to death in a terrible war, to win an election, is at the high end of the scale.

On the eve of his election in 1968, Richard Nixon secretly conspired with the South Vietnamese government to wreck all-party Vietnam peace talks as part of a deliberate effort to prolong a conflict in which more than 20,000 Americans were still to die, along with tens of thousands of Vietnamese and Cambodians.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/aug/09/martinkettle1

Bush junior toppling sadamm to avenge his father's humiliation in 91 is up there too.
which resulted in a huge rise in terrorism across the West including UK

and all the deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan

Cameron isnt quite as nasty as the nastiest of the nasty party
Are you claiming that the architect of austerity and the instigator of the worst political/social/economic decision the UK has made just to save his political ambitions isn't one of the nastiest?

And why is he back in bed with one of the nastiest governments ever?

in some ways I might agree with that. Against - his statement that people who fall off the bottom of the net used to be looked after by charities. Not their responsibility. Along came food etc banks. To me this avoided the fact that more and more people were falling off it. Sort of saying don't worry about it they will be ok. More of the old Tory small state ideas. If you want fix things this approach is not tenable. Plus for a variaty of reasons the situation is getting worse.Past actions still have an influence on that aspect. If things are lacking more later reasons for reductions make things even worse.

Hunt ;) the *unt is now mentioning another old Tory idea that doesn't work out. Low taxation economies grow more than others.

Now - Reform is gaining votes. More miracle workers who's idea wont make much difference at all. The Greens are much the same.

which resulted in a huge rise in terrorism across the West including UK

and all the deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan
And of course asylum but our politicians shot first and promptly forgot what the questions were. Bliar thought we were still an empire

Cameron is in many respects a disraeli one nation tory with added thatcher sauce. He typifies the upper class much more than borris or smugg.

Sponsored Links
Back