can anyone help with power shower gate valve advice>

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone is there gee I am in deep crap. I replaced the gate valve on the hot flow from my boiler. There is three. This particular gate valve did not seem to close down with many turns like the other gate valves. So I replaced it. Now I went to have a shower and there is no hot water. So I guess the valve I changed belonged to the hot flow for the shower. All I wanted to do was to change some taps and turn water off on my stored water gravity fed system. Is there a special gate valve for a power shower hot flow pipe ( which is 15mm) that only turns slightly clockwise or anticlockwise? all the rest turned several full 360 degree turns. Can anyone help tell me what to do? :oops:

Sponsored Links
How many turns did it take you to open the new gate valve?

hi thanks for help. New valve opens like a usual gate valve with about x4 revolutions. Previous valve turned from about 11-1 o'clock. So I did think it was kapoot.

I have no hot water at all coming through power shower. When I turn thermostatic mixer to red for hot, no water and no pump noise.

Sponsored Links
I am guessing that it might be airlocked if that is possible. Just as long as there is not a special gate valve to control pressure or something for hot flow to shower etc.
**** you can really tell I don't really know much, but I swear I really need help, it is my dads house and he works computers, I am just visiting.!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back