Can anyone identify this boiler?

Never mind the boiler. Anyone remember the series that robot belonged too. :p

Sponsored Links
Well I know, but I presume you don't want me to spoil it for anyone else?

Never mind the boiler. Anyone remember the series that robot belonged too. :p

Lost in Space. Possibly the most useless robot ever. Had a thing for young Will Robinson as I remember - the most irritating, precocious child ever filmed.

Sponsored Links
I serviced one of those 4 years ago, the gasvalve still worked but the glow ignition didn't I had to light it through the window with my blow torch. I got one rubble bag full of soot out of it. Afterwards put a bomb in the base and it all found it's way up the flu. Had to buy a new ropeseal to reasemble it safely, and was able to get manufacturers part off the shelf. Of course if the gas valve fails it has to be replaced with a grey button honeywell and most have had spark ignition adaptation. Not a boiler to remove on grounds of energy saving as it will last another 50 years.

The burners are like Rolls Royce Cylinder heads made to last for ever, Actually that boiler would withstand condensing conditions far better than a lot of modern boilers.

If you stripped that ole boiler down and had it sand blasted and re enameled it would look a real beaut.

Not a boiler to remove on grounds of energy saving as it will last another 50 years.

The burners are like Rolls Royce Cylinder heads made to last for ever, Actually that boiler would withstand condensing conditions far better than a lot of modern boilers.

not worth changing because its a leaking piece of carp then? i agree with your earlier sentiments about energy efficiency versus replacement but that beast is taking the ****.

also, old rolls royce cars are over complicated turds that need far more servicing than the average car of that era did.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back