Can anyone reccomend a good washing machine ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.

We currently have a Haier AA 6 kg washing machine and I can honestly say it is the worst machine I have used or come across in my life.
It is supposed to be an ECO washer , but the average cotton program takes 2hrs 45 minutes to complete !
It only has one hose input which is cold, so for cottons it has to heat the water up, surely this makes it not ECO friendly as we have a tank of piping hot water already ?

Anyway, enough of the rant :LOL:

We are looking to replace this thing with a decent machine, but it is a bit of a minefield and I have noticed some washing machine repairmen on this forum aswell as some educated individuals.

I was thinking of a new dyson machine ?
Or indeed a washer dryer as we have limited space
Any advice would be most appreciated

Regards

Dave

Sponsored Links
dont touch dyson, or a washer dryer

washer dryer sounds a good idea, less space.

how ever a washer dryer can't wash while it dries (one of each can)

can't dry the full load it just washed (seriously they can't)

dry the same way (a TD sucks in air and heats it, then blows it out, a WD heats and tries to dry the same air)

a WD uses water when its drying (cools the condensor)

if a major bit goes you still have the other if you have a TD and a WM if its a WD you are stuffed as you lose both

all mcs now are cold fill and are longer washes ,dont matter what make you buy,go for a bosch 2 year gtee ,and built to last

all mcs now are cold fill and are longer washes ,dont matter what make you buy,go for a bosch 2 year gtee ,and built to last

Gas is a lot cheaper for me, so run on warm, then eventually hot, i magine the worst thing that happens to me is to rinse n hot water?

Does it make a difference, the last rinse?

miele (sp) is the best, bosch?

Sponsored Links
rinse in hot water you have problems clothes wont fit you, shrinks them .rinse is all ways cold

Bosch, or Miele if you can afford it.

John Lewis have some very good prices, as well as delivery and warranty and customer service.

If you buy elsewhere, don't take out retailers warranty, Bosch will write to you (after you have registered the guarantee) and offer you an extension at a good price.

I have had various Bosch appliances, and it seems to me that their budget models are as reliable as their expensive ones (but less complicated and less flashy).

If choosing a machine, pop into your local library and ask to look at their binder of "Which" reviews. they are always testing washers. I can look up a best buy for you if you tell me a £££ range but the reviews are copyright and website is members only..

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago, here's my thread.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=154378

I went for this bosch in the end but they had a deal on at the time making it £265

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/444359/BOSCH-WAA24162GB

I looked around at the Miele ones but they were all too expensive for me.

worto.

edit -
If choosing a machine, pop into your local library and ask to look at their binder of "Which" reviews. they are always testing washers. I can look up a best buy for you if you tell me a £££ range but the reviews are copyright and website is members only..

thanks for that - didn't realise local library's kept these, finally found a reason to goto mine again after about 10 years....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back