Hotpoint WMD942 washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me please.
I have bought the above washing machine yesterday and it is all plumbed in and connected correctly, however; I've done 2 loads now and each time there is no water fill in the machine. The washing just slaps about even though it is wet from the trickle of water that empties the dispenser drawer, it just doesn't fill in the machine to wash it.
It goes through all the of the cycle and I haven't put an eco wash on or anything different.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Claire

Sponsored Links
Is the waste pipe up at least a metre it might be too low and syphoning. Otherwise send it back and get a replacement.

i presume you had a washing machine in place before buying this one?

If not, have you made sure that the cold water supply to the machine is actually working? only way to check is to turn off the supply at the appliance tap, remove the pipe at the back of the machine and then hold it over a bowl while you or somebody else opens the appliance tap. Ive had it before where a new appliance tap has not worked properly - you look inside and even when you turn the handle fully open, the ball valve inside is only cracked open a little. However, you say the machine has done 2 loads so far - if the right amount of water wasnt getting into the machine, the cycle wouldnt finish and an error light or code would be thrown up.

If the water was syphoning away you would find that the machine was filling up frequently during the cycle as and when the level sensor was not satisified due to the water draining away.

What washing machine did you have before. if it was old then the water level in the machine would have been alot higher than in a modern one. You cannot see a water level in most modern machines. The clothes just appear wet. You usually see a water level just below the porthole glass during a rinse cycle only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back