Hotpoint Ultra wf860 water leak from dispenser drawer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a hotpoint Ultra WF860 washing machines that has developed a leak from the dispenser drawer. It only leaks when the machine starts to spin and not on every wash.

I have dismantled the dispenser drawer to ensure all is clean with no blocked pipes and have performed a hotwash with no loan to clean the waste pipe and it doesn't appear to be blocked.

What is the probable cause of this fault. Its as if water is not draining from the dispenser drawer quickly enougth or water is being forced back up into the dispenser drawer when the machine spins.

thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Clean the filter out ,found at the rear under the white cover dead centre of the drum with a jubilee clip round the big black pipe.

thanks for the reply, you were right filter blocked. What a stupid place to put a filter, pity the poor old granny who has to ry and clean that out.

Sponsored Links
Worked for me I was about to buy a new washing machine. Was a 2 minute job abd there was a sock in there!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back