Can anyone tell me what pipe diameter use from Meter-Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi please can anyone help me with this my current boiler Corgi should have a pressure reading of 20 but is currently only reading 12 so has failed it's first service.

the building is a new build and i believe that the person who fitted the pipe work has fitted to small diameter pipes. 22mm have been fitted the meter pressure checked by Bristish Gas is correct and the Engineer also stated that the piping should be 28mm

The Sum is as follows
10 Meters of Pipe
9 x 90 degree bends
4 x 45 degree bends
1 x T Junction Splitter

if it matters 3 meters of the 10 meters pipe is vertical and in those 3 meters the 4 x 45 degree bends are in the middle to take it up and over some brick work

Please help me work out what pipe size I am supposed to have for the following job
The image attached is the layout of the pipes

Sponsored Links
Impossible to say, without knowing what appliances are connected.

Why not trust the engineer he is most certainly correct, although you probably only need the first few Ms in 28mm.

I assume you're not carrying this work out yourself?

A RGI will be able to do the pipe sizing for you.

Sponsored Links
I do trust the engineer but the building is new so was incorrectly fitted so I am trying to get them to correct this. but they are trying to say it is fine even though i have proved that the working outs that they worked from to install where measured incorrectly.

The gas supply is only supplying a Glow Worm Boiler and a Gas Cooker Hob only there is nothing else that uses gas in the entire place.

Oh okay will post them on later

it is just a Glow Worm combi boiler small and just a standard 4 Ring Gas Hob (The Over is electric) I will get the model numbers and post them once i get home from work.

Thanks

I would say its slightly undersized without checking properly, but not enough to cause an 8mb drop. something else must be happening, did the engineer check at the meter?

I do trust the engineer but the building is new so was incorrectly fitted so I am trying to get them to correct this. but they are trying to say it is fine even though i have proved that the working outs that they worked from to install where measured incorrectly.

Regardless whether a new biuld or not the pipework should of been sizd correctly , how can you say you still maintain trust in them? , what 'workings out' and what was not 'measured correctly'?

Interesting.

22mm is fine,(just) which means 2 things.

1. the BG guy hasn't a clue and didn't test it properly, did he wait 10 min.

2. the services pipe is blocked or damaged.

Thank you so much for the quick reply the service pipe was checked by the BG Guy 100% no blockage think I need to get BG back out to have another look, thanks again

You could have the required 21mb but if the pipe is blocked or squat you won't get the flow rate.

My first concern would be the guy doing the testing at the boiler.

Ask to speak to a manager.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back