Can I fit a wall-hung toilet to Marmox board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi... I'm using 20mm Marmox board as a tile-backer in my new en-suite wetroom. I've not use this product before. I know it can support heavy tiles... but will allow me to mount a wall-hung toilet (using a frame) or will it crumple as I tighten the fixings?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If you mean as you tighten the toilet pan against it? Then no it wont.

If you tighten a single nut up to it without a washer, then quite possibly; probably,even.

Hi... I'm using 20mm Marmox board as a tile-backer in my new en-suite wetroom. I've not use this product before. I know it can support heavy tiles... but will allow me to mount a wall-hung toilet (using a frame) or will it crumple as I tighten the fixings?

Any advice would be appreciated.

This frame must be securely installed against a solid wall. Any board used does not bear any significant load.
Remember to include a way of accessing cistern etc after tiling...

Sponsored Links
If you mean as you tighten the toilet pan against it? Then no it wont.

If you tighten a single nut up to it without a washer, then quite possibly; probably,even.

Thanks - the nuts and bolts tighten at the back don't they... so this should be o.k.?

Usually you would set the frame and then install the cistern, soil and pan hanger bolts into it. Once you are happy all is in correct position fit the board in place to conceal frame; the hanger bolts, obviously, protrude through the board and the nuts tighten up to the pan once you've hung it on to the bolts!

Usually you would set the frame and then install the cistern, soil and pan hanger bolts into it. Once you are happy all is in correct position fit the board in place to conceal frame; the hanger bolts, obviously, protrude through the board and the nuts tighten up to the pan once you've hung it on to the bolts!

Thank you... that's great.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back