Can I install a nest or hive on my CH system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wondering if someone can help me, my CH system is now approaching 8 years old and I am thinking of adding a smart thermostat but need to confirm if its possible with my current setup?

Boiler:
WorsterBosch Greenstar 30DCi Boiler (60/100 Horizontal Flue)
DT20 Timer | Intergral Diverter Value

HW Cylinder:
GLEDHILL 1500X450 INDIRECT COPPER CYLINDER
POLYTANK LOFT TANK 64X24X19 70G
Stuart Turner Monsoon Standard 3.0 Bar Twin Pump

Can anyone recommend which items I need to purchase to get a Hive or Nest working?

Also, would I need a professional plumber to install it?

I am comfortable with doing basic electrical work (DIY), like replacing and installing lights.

Cheers
James

Sponsored Links
I would have thought you could. Not sure on this model whether you can do it yourself, as it may involve removing the case seal, which may form part of the combustion circuit.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the confirmation Chris, I thought I could based on other posts with people installing nest or hive on their similar boilers.

I understand about the case seal, but read somewhere that each inner component is seal so I would not be breaking any rules, but that could be BS.

The case seal is part of the air intake, so any damage to the seal or if the flue isn’t correct then could be an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back