Can i install new digital thermostat system on my old boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can i install a new digital thermostat and programmer on my old Baxi Solo 2 50PF boiler. I currently have a Horstmann Centaur TC1 programmer and a Honeywell 3 wire thermostat. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes you can. Most new thermostats don't need a neutral connection, so just put the neutral wire in a screw terminal to isolate it.

Not personally, they all seem pretty much the same to me, but check out the functions you require, for example different settings for different days of the week, some have a night set back that allow the heating to be left on overnight but at a lower temperature, most have battery back up so the settings aren't lost in the event of a power cut, some have a holiday function so that the system will start up ready for when you get home. In terms of quality, as with most things you get what you pay for.

Sponsored Links
I’d recommend a Honeywell ST9100C single channel timeswitch for controlling your hot water and a Honeywell CM907 programmable thermostat for controlling your central heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back