can i paint artex

Sponsored Links
Hi Martinseal

It is best to use Matt emulsion for the first coat and thin it down with water so that it will sink into the texture (thats if the texture coating hasn't been painted yet)

Regards
Dale

Sponsored Links
Me to, though DO NOT use Dulux Rich Matt Emulsion & All One Coat Matt Emulsions for emulsioning over new artex. Also, it is advisible to not use Vinyl Soft Sheen & Vinyl Silk over new artex as they are flexible once dried. Over artex i would an emulsion that has instructions on it also (I PERSONALLY DO NOT RECOMEND USING CHEAP EMULSION). Also, make sure you read instructions of the brand you choose to use before buying as some emulsions CANNOT be used over artex as an sealer.

Well the thing is "Growler" there is not a problem with Dulux Rich Matt Emulsion. What it is, is the general public who use it over new artex DO NOT READ the instructions & it states that if emulsioning over new/bare artex or plaster that you must apply an a coat of Dulux Plaster Sealer prior to giving a coat of Dulux Rich Matt Emulsion. What happens if u just use it as an sealer over new/bare artex or plaster is it will not dry in areas, and it will blister etc..........

so if i go straight over bare artex i will have a problem? i am using dulux rich matt white. the artex is 22 years old though :confused:

If its never been emulsioned artex then you WILL have problems using dulux rich matt white as a sealer. But if its allready emulsioned over artex then you "should" not have a problem. I say "should" there cos someone could have not emulsioned/sealed the artex correctly prior to your decorating and this can result in blistering etc.

You know this is a problem- What's normal emulson?

All these yes's to..." can I paint artex with normal white Dulux emulsion" could now be no's.

So what emulsion can "we" paint artex with if it's bare :?: :?:

You keep telling me yes
But you don't mean it
You keep telling me no
And try to lean it
You're giving me buts and maybe
You know this will drive me crazy
Why can't you tell it like it is

Let your yeah be yeah and your no be no, now
Let your yeah be yeah and your no be no, now
Becuse I'm on my guard and I'm watching you from head to toe
You better let your yeah be yeah and your no be no

:confused:

Hi Martinseal
just be real, water your matt down, everything should be fine
it should last on your ceiling for plenty of time
if it doesn't, but i cant see why not, your ceiling may have already be painted,
what with I dont know what
bare texture is porous yes this is true, but roses are red and violets are blue
some one may have painted it before you moved there,
unless you called in the texture guy to artex whats bare
now its unlikely to blister, bubble or even flake
painting it with matt is a piece of cake
just water it down for a runny version, dip in your roller until full immersion,
roll onto the ceiling so that it sinks in, you dont want to create a peeling off skin
advice is good on this here site
reading instructions could take all night
but this is nessesary Martinseal my friend
as every new building material has a new trend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back