can i paint artex

Funny peom there "D.Ovenstone" hehe. Also if bare/new artex "Growler" then emulsion with Dulux Supermatt, but do not use Dulux Supermatt over allready emulsioned coated surfaces. But to be safe then you can use Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt on new/bare artex and existing emulsioned surfaces.

Sponsored Links
Third_Eye said:
But to be safe then you can use Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt on new/bare artex and existing emulsioned surfaces.

I confess - After all these years , I never knew that. :eek:

Sponsored Links
My hat off to you "Growler" for admitting that. Though, in P & D there is ALWAYS exceptions to the rule. i.e. You can apply vinyl matt directly over vinyl soft sheen, silk & acrylic eggshell, gloss HOWEVER i would recomend to give a slight rub down BEFORE applying vinyl matt over previously mentioned coatings due to adhesion. But this is not required when coating vinyl matt over matt emulsion or any matt emulsion as most matt emulsions have some porousity/suction to them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back