Can I repair this -even if it is a bodge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Both my door frames are chipped on the edge where you walk over them...
Not only does it look a bit of a mess but they are draughty too...

How can I repair them? Is there something (metal?) I can slip over the broken bit...any advice welcome...

(Yes I know they could do with a good clean - I'm sure in real life they don't look so grubby :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
I know exactly what you mean, this is what you need apart from the top moulding is different, your is just a 45 degree bevel....

http://www.buildingproducts.co.uk/upload/bp07073web.jpg

I'll keep looking around the interweb but its likely that the aluminium strips are profile specific meaning each manufacturer has their own shape threshold protector.

It may just be easier to measure the length you need and the angle of the bevel and nip of to your local steel stockholders and getting them to cut a strip of 2mm aluminium and to put a bend in for you.

Just do em a little cross sectional drawing with the height and the angle of the bend.

Just an idea :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back