Can I replace a just the pan or must I buy a new toilet?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! This is my first post here, so thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help.
I am finally getting around to doing up the bathroom in a house we moved into a few years ago. My question is this: The very base of the toilet pan is cracked where it is screwed to the floor - no leaks or anything, just cracks around the fixing. We happen to like the design of the cistern and the sink, so we don't really need or want to replace the whole toilet and the sink - we just want to replace the cracked toilet pan. It's a close coupled system. Can I just go and buy any close coupled pan, and just the pan (say from ebay, or somewhere I can buy just a pan), or would it not work, and I'd have to buy a whole new toilet?
Thanks again to anyone who can offer me advice, and best wishes.

Sponsored Links
If you ca get the same size and fixings as the one you have then yes you can just change the pan.
It may be just as cost effective to purchase a complete close coupled and have the internal s as either spares or replace them so you know that they are all in working order for a long time

Finding one to match is questionable if its very old.

The holding together bolts are usually very rusty and will not undo.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Don't forget the newer cisterns carry a lower volume of water, your toilet could be a 9 litre flush.

Time for a new toilet.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back