Can I replace the filling loop part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The fixed filling loop to my Main Eco 30 Combi wont let me fill the system. It is not opening and I suspect the non return valve.

Can i successful just replace the valve itself rather than the whole fitting, as it seems pointless replacing the other 80% that is good.

From a couple of on-line retailers the replacement part if £60Plus.

Sponsored Links
Or you could fit a manual filler loop instead of worrying about the integrated filler loop.

mA8ucRR_ljNt44y3SO0cm_w.jpg

Sponsored Links
Either or really. Dosent matter as long as it's turned off.

Sounds like the logical answer.

That has failed following another problem and that is one of raising pressure and blasting water past the PRV.
Is a sticking loop (Fixed) likely to cause a raise in pressure and cause the system to need pressurising?
I am waiting delivery of a decent pressure gauge so that I am in a position to repressurise the EXC as I suspected that might have been the cause of my probs.

Any thoughts??

Yes filling loop valves can pass water when closed, obviously in that instance remove loop and cap the valves, will eliminate the filling loop passing. What do you mean by EXC? expansion vessel I assume? Yeah that will cause pressure to rise and PRV to go off if it's flat and needs repressurising and PRV replacing.

You sure the gauge isn't blocked with crud and your filling it via the loop and nothing is showing on the gauge so you keep going and going eventually blasting out the PRV? Just out of curiosity ?

Yes filling loop valves can pass water when closed, obviously in that instance remove loop and cap the valves, will eliminate the filling loop passing. What do you mean by EXC? expansion vessel I assume? Yeah that will cause pressure to rise and PRV to go off if it's flat and needs repressurising and PRV replacing.

Duh EXV I meant. Yep Expansion Vessel. Already replaced PRV but my plan was to be sure I had located the actual problem and then re-replace the prv when I fill with Anti Corrosion, or I could be going thru a few PRV's till I locate the problem. Does that make sense to do that?

Duh EXV I meant. Yep Expansion Vessel. Already replaced PRV but my plan was to be sure I had located the actual problem and then re-replace the prv when I fill with Anti Corrosion, or I could be going thru a few PRV's till I locate the problem. Does that make sense to do that?

Don't keep changing it till you know you've sorted the issues. New tend to seal anyway unless the waters absolutely mingin.

Also the only air pump I have is a car tyre pump (Battery) which works well but not sure how accurate the meter is.
Is there any harm in pressurising up past the 14.5psi (Say to 20-25psi) then dropping the pressure to 14.5 (1bar)?

Thanks for all your help btw.
You've put my mind at ease over a couple of issues. :mrgreen:

Don't work in psi I'll be honest but put 1bar in vessel it'll drop slightly when you detach your pump. Make sure you bubble the schraeder to make sure it's not releasing air back out.

Don't work in psi I'll be honest but put 1bar in vessel it'll drop slightly when you detach your pump. Make sure you bubble the schraeder to make sure it's not releasing air back out.

Brilliant.
1 Bar = approx 14 - 15psi (Its what the pump measures LOL)
Thanks for that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back