Can I reverse the cartridge in a Chatsworth 1928 Traditional Triple Exposed Thermostatic Shower Valve Part No:EG-LY-25V

Joined
7 Oct 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we had a plumber sort out all the 1st fix plumbing for our new bathroom, and then we have gradually finished and decorated it. We installed the shower, but have now learnt that the plumber put the hot and cold feeds the wrong way round, so the shower is either boiling hot or freezing cold.

I want to be able to reverse the cartridge 180 degrees, but the instructions don't say if you can or can't. Failing that, could we turn the whole unit upside down as it has outlets on top and bottom, or is there stuff inside that would make that not work? Quite keen to not have to make a hole in the ceiling below to reconfigure the water pipes. Any advice, please?
 
I use Aqualisa and you can turn the cartridge over, but it has ports top and bottom. I expect yours is similar. I usually have the outlet downward for a hose, but one is upward for a rigid riser to a drencher.

It is normal to have the hot pipe on the left.
 
P.s.

You ought to ask the manufacturer really, I expect they have an installation guide they can send you.
 
It's made by Hudson Reed for Victorian Plumbing whose instalation instructions don't say whether you can do that or not.
As John D says it looks exactly like the Aqualisa surface mounted one which gives insructions on how to do it and I have sucessfully done it myself. You have to reverse the whole valve not just the cartridge.
As John says contact the manufacturer for certainty, but common sense says if you can physically strip it down and turn the valve through 180degrees then it should work exactly the same both ways.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top