Can I stain my grout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we chose what we thought was a great greyish grout colour to go with our White Porcelanosa tiles and it looks..........awful. Missus is really peeved. The bathroom is fully tiled and to re-grout is a) a nightmare job full of risk of damage to tiles and b) getting a competent person to actually do it is going to be difficult and expensive.

Is there a stain/paint that’s recommended that I could apply to it to stain it a more White colour? Obviously without staining the tiles.

I’ve see some on the internet, but nothing seems to get a good review. 1st hand experience would be good.

Before anyone asks ‘the missus can’t live with it’. She hates it and nothing’s going to change that mind. I get the luxury or hearing about it everyday!

Sponsored Links
I’ve been informed by the OH that the grout is not grey, but ‘Jasmine White’. So it’s a slightly muted white and not the white she wants.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back