Can I take a photo out of a PDF?

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
An old chum who is not good with computers has sent me a photo... but it's in a .pdf file.

Is there a way i can take it out and store it as a .jpg or something?

TIA

Sponsored Links
you are not supposed to be able to do that, despite this there was aversion of acrobat reader that had a camera icon, guess wht it did.

I would suggest you print screen, paste it into paint save it and then use a picture editing prog to cut it and save as what you like

or send it to me and i will do it tonight (email in profile)

very kind of you to offer - I will send it to you.

ATB

Sponsored Links
There's a great piece of software called snagit from techsmith.com

This lets you capture any area of your screen, clicking the button and drawing an outline around whatever, and it then lets you save it as any type of graphics file - including a jpeg or PDF

I use it to capture web screens and then save to a folder. Saves writing things down, or trying to explain something to someone - I just sent them a picture of the whole page (scrolled and everything)[/img]

I used to do a prt screen, paste clipboard contents into Paint Shop Pro (or whatever you use) And use select/cut to take the image out and save seperately. You can do this in windows paint too.

You can grab an image in adobe reader no problem. Use the camera button, draw a box around what you want, right click and copy. Then just paste it where you want it or into a photo editing program and save as a jpeg.

I see no camera button
What about the one to the right of the select button?

acreader.jpg

edited:

OK, I have found the camera in the toolbars menu

but even when I draw a box round it and copy the picture, what do I do next?

I have PhotoImpression but it hasn't got a "paste" option.

edited again

OK, I can paste it into "Paint"

and save as JPG

Is that it?

here is a bit cut from the picture

StairFlowers.jpg

can't get the size of the picture right though :( I keep getting big white borders. How do I make the actual picture fit?

Ta

:)

Any more tips?

Not used photo impression, I use photo impact or digital image suite. Can you not just resize the image or crop it like this?
StairFlowers.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back