Can I take power from here to create a light and spur?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
oohhhhhhhhh I thought it may have been no volt release...
I confess that was my very first thought, but I then realised that Network Video Recorder would sit far more sensibly alongside Modem and PC Monitor than would 'No Volt Release'!

Kind Regards, John

I confess that was my very first thought, but I then realised that Network Video Recorder would sit far more sensibly alongside Modem and PC Monitor than would 'No Volt Release'!

Kind Regards, John
So does anyone actually know? TTW, how does getting out more help?

Modem would be OK, plus maybe the NVR and monitor, but the vacuum is not a good idea mixed with the other items. There might be nuisance tripping.

You mentioned a bungalow - usually solid floored bungalows have the sockets wiring in and down from the loft. Have you checked? If that is the case you could spur off the socket circuits.

Lighting will definitely be wired in the loft, so there will certainly be an accessible L and N in the loft for the lighting circuit(s), perfectly able to supply a modem, NVR and a monitor, though not a vacuum cleaner.
Thanks Harry.

You may be referring to another thread as the property is a house with suspended timber flooring. The loft has also been converted..

But point taken. Perhaps if i think hard enough, I could spur off the existing ring and thus plug in the hoover without fear of tripping the circuit.

You REALLY should get out more
Here Here. Let's not bully Winnie.

To be honest, I should have specified what I meant as opposed to using an acronym.

@winston1 as mentioned by others, I meant a Network Video Recorder

Thanks for the help lads.

Let's not bully Winnie.
Why not when most of what whinny does is bully those offering sensible and correct advice

Because he is a useful source of information and should be respected.
Yes I agree, those on here who are a useful source of information should be respected. Who are you proposing in your post, you didn't give us any idea whosoever you are describing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back