can i use an old electric shower as a inline water heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi people i hope you are well.
i have o hot water and i am wiring the house so i was wondering if i could use an old electric shower as a inline water heater.
they seem very easy to pick up o eBay

Sponsored Links
Would this be the sole heating for the house, or for single tap outlet, or what?

Typically showers turn on using the push button on the front, and then turn off after a short delay, rather than being controlled with a tap.

Daniel

there is currently no hot water, the tap would be in the kitchen and is for dishes etc.

i would prefer something unobtrusive under the sink

Sponsored Links
I suppose in theory it would work but the tap would have to be open before switching on under the sink and of course you would need suitable cable/switch and electrical protection. Not sure how that would sit with regs, not very well I would imagine. You don't say if this is a temporary fix or a permanent one.

Have you considered a boiler? :) :)

Just get a purpose made under sink water heater. Why on earth would you buy a shower to do this job? That is taking penny pinching to a whole new level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back