1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I use paste the wall paste for normal wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by Maggie1, 2 Mar 2020.

1. Maggie1

Maggie1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If I apply it to the paper, is there any reason I shouldn't use paste the wall paste to hang a couple of lengths of paper. I have some ready mixed already here so thought I'd use that.
    Thanks in advance for any replies.:):):)

2. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Possibly. Check the paper. When pasted, it has to be allowed to soak for a set time otherwise you’ll have problems.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maggie1

Maggie1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes I know about the soaking lol I'm just not sure if the paste is ok for this paper as it is a woven one. It's an odd roll I have so I don't really want to go out and buy paste if the other stuff will be ok.

4. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If the paste is suitable for it, use it. Does it have any instructions on the can/tub? You may have to bite the bullet and buy some more - a few years ago when I was papering my bedroom (just lining paper as I was painting it), I was running low on paste as I got to the last three strips. I had another packet of paste but didn’t want to open it so I just added a drop of water to my remaining paste to get me to the end. I completed it but after 6 months it started lifting at the edges. I have to look at that every day now but at least I still have that unopened packet of paste! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sponsored Links
  6. Maggie1

Maggie1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It says paste the wall lol I suppose I'd better get some normal paste, it's annoying cuz it's only a small amount. I just realised I asked this before lol