Can I use paste the wall paste for normal wallpaper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I apply it to the paper, is there any reason I shouldn't use paste the wall paste to hang a couple of lengths of paper. I have some ready mixed already here so thought I'd use that.
Thanks in advance for any replies.:):):)

Sponsored Links
Possibly. Check the paper. When pasted, it has to be allowed to soak for a set time otherwise you’ll have problems.

Yes I know about the soaking lol I'm just not sure if the paste is ok for this paper as it is a woven one. It's an odd roll I have so I don't really want to go out and buy paste if the other stuff will be ok.

If the paste is suitable for it, use it. Does it have any instructions on the can/tub? You may have to bite the bullet and buy some more - a few years ago when I was papering my bedroom (just lining paper as I was painting it), I was running low on paste as I got to the last three strips. I had another packet of paste but didn’t want to open it so I just added a drop of water to my remaining paste to get me to the end. I completed it but after 6 months it started lifting at the edges. I have to look at that every day now but at least I still have that unopened packet of paste! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It says paste the wall lol I suppose I'd better get some normal paste, it's annoying cuz it's only a small amount. I just realised I asked this before lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back