Can metal railings/fence be scrapped for cash?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As title says is there a decent amount of money in getting rid of metal railings or it's just peanuts?

I have just taken down the metal railings & gate in front of the house. Its about 1m x 9m in lenght combined.

Cutting for disposal at recycling centre will cost me time and wasted Dremel discs since I don't have an angle grinder. Other option is to leave them outside with the hope that someone will eventually pick them up but I would rather be rid of the mess as soon as possible.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As title says is there a decent amount of money in getting rid of metal railings or it's just peanuts?

I have just taken down the metal railings & gate in front of the house. Its about 1m x 9m in lenght combined.

Cutting for disposal at recycling centre will cost me time and wasted Dremel discs since I don't have an angle grinder. Other option is to leave them outside with the hope that someone will eventually pick them up but I would rather be rid of the mess as soon as possible.

Thanks
Call a scrapper to collect. They'll take 'em no problem.

You’d get bugger all scrap for just the railings.
if they are original old ones they have value for architectural salvage

Leave them outside. They prob be gone within the week!

Sponsored Links
As mentioned some will collect for free, round here you have to catch their posts on social media as to what days they're collecting.

My daughter had 10ft of wrought iron fencing stolen from her front wall a couple of years back, it cost a few hundred quid to erect but worth only pennies to the scum who took it. :(

Thanks
You live in London. Put them outside and they’ll be gone in less than 24 hours.

Are they in bad condition or could someone else make use of them?

Yeah, you are in London. Leave them outside and they will be gone in a day or two.

I have seen those guys climb into skips and remove the metal core from a roll of twin and earth cable, discarding the two bits of cardboard.

I have moved them to the side of the house for now so could put them back up front.

Can i get some money for it if I get someone to pickup from yellow pages for scrapage sale? Maybe enough to buy a bottle of spiced rum

bummer, no rum for me.

Are washing machines just as desirable for scraps. I don’t want to do my back in lifting it in and out of my car.

Sponsored Links
Back