Can one use a solid fuel burner (e.g. wood burning stove) to

Cheers Onetap ( Sorry ,I took you up wrong with my last post)
and happy Xmas to everyone.

Sponsored Links
I think in other parts of Europe they get round the uncontrolled heatsource by fitting a thermal quenching valve.

But I don't think this is approved in the UK, although I know there are people fitting them. Hope their insurers know about it :eek:

The obvious solution is to fit a thermal store where the customer wants a fuel burner.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the constructive comments onetap, I know exactly what I am doing, I am showing you a diagram and asking for peoples opinions on it (preferably professional opinions).

I drew it up pretty quickly last night, its not conventional, probably doesnt conform to regs etc but I would just like peoples opinions on a S plan with an unvented cylinder with a solid fuel bbu.

I am a gas safe registered engineer with my unvented ticket so please dont insult me, if you want to pick faults with the diagram fine thats why i put it here to see what people thought, or additions to make etc.

oh and whats IHMO?

Theres quite a few aspects of that diagram wrong.
Select your solid fuel stove and work from the MI's. Most show schematics.
Stanley have a good link up diagram and Heating Innovations have a number of them and show one for a uv cylinder/sf system.

Theres a host of regulations with solid fuel to comply with as I'm sure you'll appreciate

Thank you for the constructive comments onetap, I know exactly what I am doing, I am showing you a diagram and asking for peoples opinions on it (preferably professional opinions).

.....so please dont insult me.

I do not insult you. Your picture is worth a thousand words; you do not know what you are doing,

There are numerous posts on this forum about solid fuel systems, but you haven't made the effort to search the archive or to read them. This thread, which you resurrected after three years, contains details about how you might link a solid fuel boiler to an unvented hot water storage heater, but you haven't bothered to read that either. Would you expect someone to take the efforts to repeat those details when you can't make the effort to read them?

oh and whats IHMO?
Go Google.

I would just like peoples opinions on a S plan with an unvented cylinder with a solid fuel bbu.?

Read the thread, then read the other thread to which a link was previously posted. It tells you, in great detail.

I am a gas safe registered engineer with my unvented ticket .?

Why should I find it quite plausible that you are Gas Safe Registered?
Would it be your disinclination to read detailed instructions, your unjustified confidence in your own abilities or your inability to fathom fundamental hydraulics? Perhaps it is your delusion that you're an Engineer. A Gas Safe ticket does NOT make you an Engineer. It does mean, at best, that you may know something about gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back