putting in a solid fuel burner...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Iv been asked to put in a solid fuel burner and connect it into the orignal system. they have an old ideal classic [gravity]. the guy whos interested in a solid fuel burner claimes he can get free wood and thinks he can save the pennies. Iv neva put a solid fuel burner in before and was wondering the best way to connect it into the system.

they have a single coil cylinder...i thought a twin coil would be best option running the flow pipe off the solid fuel burner into a 3way valve B - cylinder A to central heating. would this be ok? teeing a radiater as a heat leak from the flow?

would it effect it if the boiler and solid fuel burner was running at the same time?>

any feedback would be brilliant

cheers people :)

Sponsored Links
How are you going to flue it, you need to be registered with Hetas for flue.

Not sure about regs on wet side of multi fuel boiler though.

The Mexico and multi fuel need to be connected to a neutralizer and from neutralizer to cylinder/heating. Plus you need additional stats, pump and valves connected to neutralizer.

a neutraliser ...never thought about that!

I imagined it would run off a seperate prog and room stat and some sort of interlock that would stop you using both boiler and wood burner.

how come you need to be registered with heatas....i thought it would be a case of slingin a flue liner down and connecting up... how nieve.

I could imagin in the near futur more and more people wanting this doing as gas becomes more expensive. going backwards eh

Sponsored Links
This really isn't the place to do your research into solid fuelled boiler installations. They can be dangerous beasts, despite being common 20 years ago. There is a lot to find out, go on a course with Euroheat. They are free, and you will find out much you don't already know.

Burning wood is not just a case of adding a water jacket, as that knocks the efficiency for six. You need a purpose designed boiler, and even the cheapest ones aren't cheap. If your customer wants cheap heat, just have a dry wood burner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back