Can party wall notice served be cancelled?

The PWA cannot define every single operation that might fall within its remit, so common sense is necessary, and opinions might vary, slightly. Most surveyors would agree that putting up shelves screwed into the PW would not be covered, but (say) cutting a small alcove in it might be. I don't think that many practising PW surveyors would consider that affixing a stud wall to a PW (however deep the fixings are) would be notifiable work. Its the sort of thing that most people would just do without asking their neighbour!

Yeah, I agree and I hope it's just me overconcerning now. The other surveyor hasn't questioned about this wall yet. It was more of me wanting to be 100% sure that I'm 'free' of PWA now. Just don't want my neighbour complains later and involve his surveyor again.

Sponsored Links
In practice you will have to insulate between the garages and you would do this with a timber frame fixed top and bottom and kept independent from the wall. This would be just for good building practice and nothing to do with the PWA

Thanks Woody. That sounds like a good solution to stay out of trouble. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back