can rf3 digistats sometimes show wrong temp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fitted drayton rf3 wireless programmer and receiver to my boiler and everything works great.

Only thing is I'm not sure if digistat is always showing the correct temperature - I set it to 20 and it can take ages for the digistat to show it's reached that temp by which time the house feels really hot.

I take a temp reader in to the same room as the digistat and sometimes (not all I must admit) it states the actual temp is 3 or 4 degrees more than the digistat says.

And other times when I reduce the temp say from 20 to 18 the digistat will stick on 19 for hours - even when the house feels much cooler it's almost as if it takes too long to catch up to the real temp.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking of replacing for another one as the unit is quite old.

Kenny

Sponsored Links
They are usually very exact.

However, you might have a faulty one.

To everyone else the correct setting is the lowest that will make you feel warm enough.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back