Honeywell ST6400C & Drayton Digistat SCR Confusion.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've recently bought a house and am doing as much work as possible myself. One thing that is confusing me is the thermostat side of the heating.

We have a large Megaflo tank and a Potterton Suprima HE, now connected to these we have a "Drayton Digistat SCR" reciever on the wall by the boiler but no transmitter in the house and a Honeywell ST6400C programmer on a cable on the floor by the boiler.

I want to put in a thermostat in the house as at the moment the heating is either on or off, no inbetween, I've looked at getting a newer Drayton Digistat+ RF3 7day programmer so I can wire it into place of the old Drayton for ease but the bit that puzzles me is that then I would have 2 programmers? I guess the Digistat is used for heating but the Honeywell has hot water and heating on it...... I'm confused? Anyone able to put it in simple terms for me? :)

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Drayton RF series are rubbish - use a Honeywell CM921 or CM927.

The Drayton unit you have at the moment is probably the plain thermostat flavour. You have then, one thermostat and one programmer.

If you change to the one I mentioned, then the heating side of your programmer is defunct.

Ok so if I get the Honeywell CM927 are they just simple to wire in place of the drayton one?

So on the existing Honeywell I'd just use the water and leave the heating sliders to off and then all the heating programming I do on the new Honeywell? or should I leave the old honeywell heating sliders to constant?

At the moment to turn the heating on I hit the overide button on the receiver on the Drayton and then slide the heating slider on the Honeywell to constant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back