Changing from mechanical timer to Digistat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a house with a Maxol Supercombi HE28 boiler, a Drayton Digistat +2RF thermostat/programmer and a Digistat SCR. The boiler has a mechanical timer. The only way I can get the central heating to work is by using the mechanical timer. The Digistat display is on and the 'flame' symbol is displayed. The green light on the SCR is on constantly. How do I get the heating controlled by the Digistat rather than the mechanical timer?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The receiving unit (SCR) is connected to a mains socket and will therefore have a 240v supply, but do I turn the mechanical timer on the boir to the on position or the off position?
Also as the green light on the SCR is on doesn't that mean that the SCR is receiving a signal from the Digisat but not communicating with the boiler?
Shouldn't the mechanical timer on the boiler be disconnected or will the SCR over-ride it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back