Drayton digistat +RF and Valiant ecoTEC boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning everyone,

We have a Valiant ecoTEC plus boiler with a Drayton digistat +RF thermostat and digistat scr receiver installed.

All seemed to be going well until the area had a power cut last week and now the heating won't go above 20 Celsius.

I have set the thermostat to 22 degrees. The green light on the SCR stays on permanently but the boiler doesn't seem to kick the heating any higher. The valiant is on (rather than on timer at the moment) and it is going though the 'Anti cycling mode' constantly, and the thermostat is permanently saying that it is transmitting ... But the heat won't go higher than 20 degrees.

I have recommissioned the Drayton + RF and the digistat SCR, and they seem to be communicating fine, so has anyone got any ideas why the temperature won't get any higher?

Sponsored Links
Hi, do the radiators ever get nice and hot or is the boiler just running for a short spell with the water temperature rising rapidly (on it's front panel display) and then overshooting the set water temp and switching off for a while ?

If so what is the max water temperature when this happens?

The radiators are getting hot, but the temperature is not getting above 20 degrees.

According to the display on the boiler, the radiators are set to 54 degrees, the boiler kicks in around 46 degrees and then turns off at 59 degrees.

Should I just up the temperature of the radiators on the boiler?

Bit of an update, I have upped the boiler radiator temperature to 75 degrees, now the thermostat goes up to 21, but no further!

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
75C should be more than enough to get all the radiators too hot to hold.

Make sure the radiator where the room thermostat is located is not being controlled by a thermostatic valve and that it is getting very hot from top to bottom.

Thanks Jack,

It took a while, but eventually we reached the 22 degree mark. The radiator in the room is getting roasting now, I think it was the boiler temperature.

Thanks

Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back