Can this Glazing Panel be Replaced?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The double glazing in our bathroom has misted up so looking to get it replaced.

Im just wondering if they will have problems getting it out due to the tiling being over the frame at the edges or is removing the middle panel and gaskets enough?

Sponsored Links
Yes, flick out the rubber gasket from inside, this allows the glass unit to rattle, from outside push the glass inward in all 4 corners and now remove the beads

Yes, flick out the rubber gasket from inside, this allows the glass unit to rattle, from outside push the glass inward in all 4 corners and now remove the beads

Ok great, ill leave the work to the pro's, just wanted to see if it was possible without having to knock all the tiles off first

Its fitted from outside so your safe but a good illustration on what happens when you tile over tiles, I've been to jobs where the tiles have covered the beads on an internal beaded system and now the customer wants the glass changing...............'you won't damage the tiles will you, they came from Italy specially', no love I won't because I'm not touching it.........see ya!

Sponsored Links
Its fitted from outside so your safe but a good illustration on what happens when you tile over tiles, I've been to jobs where the tiles have covered the beads on an internal beaded system and now the customer wants the glass changing...............'you won't damage the tiles will you, they came from Italy specially', no love I won't because I'm not touching it.........see ya!

Ok, so you think they'll have to fit from outside on this one? The window is above the conservatory so will be an interesting one for them!

Yep your glass is fitted from the outside, if they want to try doing it through the top opener then fair play to them, again remove internal gasket, poke arm through top window and remove two side beads and top one blind(can be done and I've done it), leave bottom one in place(you couldn't reach it anyway unless you have arms like Mr Tickle), push the glass out and feed it back in through the window

Yep your glass is fitted from the outside, if they want to try doing it through the top opener then fair play to them, again remove internal gasket, poke arm through top window and remove two side beads and top one blind(can be done and I've done it), leave bottom one in place(you couldn't reach it anyway unless you have arms like Mr Tickle), push the glass out and feed it back in through the window

At least if they drop it and it smashes the conservatory below, they are the right men to have around!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back