Replacing damage glass in double glazing


19 Aug 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
One of my double glazed windows, an upstairs one, is misting up and I want to replace the glass panel.

I can lean out of the window and measure the outer edges of the window pane, but I do not know how much to reduce the measurements to get the size of glass panel I need to order.

Sponsored Links
The surest way to measure it is to take the glazing beads out, check the dimensions, then pop the beads back in temporarily.

You could work out the dimensions by making deductions but there is a risk that your profiles have a different design from others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links