Cost estimate of double glazed panes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to refurb some sash windows and replace the agine glass with double glazing panes. What sort of ball park price can I expect to pay for a double glazed pane of approx 16" x 20" if I'm ordering at least 4

Sponsored Links
if its normal single glazed windows its not that simple and reworking windows /d/glazed units for small rebates are expensive

Big-all is right. You'll probablyly need completely new sashes to get a rebate big enough for a D/G unit and even then I doubt that you'll get more than a 8mm gap (16mm total thickness of unit).
You should certainly shop around for prices, though. When I needed some units a couple of years ago a supplier in middle-class Surbiton wanted three and a half times as much as the glass factory I eventually found on an industrial estate in Hackbridge. Suppliers usually base their prices on area + an element of fixed costs. The good ones can give you a quote over the phone.

Sponsored Links
about £10-£15 a unit for float (non-safety) glass units. you could look at using stepped units, but it's not a great solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back