Can white grouting be used on floor tiles ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am tiling an en suite wet room, walls and floor in the same tile, it is a very small area so I want the grouting to be the same color, has anyone ever used white grouting on floor tiles ? Good, bad idea ??

Sponsored Links
Use white floor grout not the same white that you are using on the walls, you may want to use an additive to make it less prone to staining as white grout can show dirt easily.

Jason

Although I always advise customers against white grout on floors it is personal choice. White grout, as mentioned stains very easily. In a bathroom the oils from the body and bath additives stain the grout. I M O I would use another colour.

I'd advise you against using white grout on floors - it looks grubby after a short time. Grey is about the most popular colour; it looks smart and doesn't show dirt.
What colour are your tiles? Unless you're using white tiles or bold strong colours, I find white grout can look a bit cheap on wall tiles. Also gets grubby quick too. If the tiles will go with an off-white grout I'd recommend you do so. Limestone or Ivory look good and don't show staining anywhere near as much as white does.

Sponsored Links
Im not Atiler allthough I have done a bit..what about using grout the same colour as the tiles themselves?

Zampa

grout ..just gets mucky

as said white is wonderful ,
in real world ,

grey ......even cream

Moz said:
Zampa

grout ..just gets mucky

as said white is wonderful ,
in real world ,

grey ......even cream

Thanks all for your response, I went with cream and they look great !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back